Sunday, May 17, 2015

Stitch fix # 1 Review

Recently I decided to try Stitch Fix. If you have not heard about it, Stitch Fix offers styling service and sends you 5 hand picked clothing items that fits the style profile you created. The styling fee is $20.00 but if you keep anything from your fix, you can apply it toward the price of the item you are keeping. If you keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount.

The reason I decided to try Stitch fix is because I tend to get quite overwhelmed at the stores and tend to pick the same type of clothes over and over. I wanted to take a big step out of my comfort zone and  wear something that I don't typically wear and I thought it would be fun to have someone pick something they would think would look good on me.

When my first fix came, I was a little overwhelmed and did not look at it with an open mind. I wanted to return it all but kept a necklace so I don't lose the styling fee. I've heard that as you continue getting fixes your stylist gets to know you better and the fixes become better and fit your style better.


Here is my little pile of goodies:

At first I was really surprised at the amount of red I got. Red was the only color I said I don't wear, so it seemed to me that my stylist did not read my profile very carefully.




BRIXON IVY Kinsey Seamed V-Neck Dress in Dark Pink 
I was so torn on this dress. I was looking for something for the wedding and my stylist sent this dress thinking it would be good for the occasion. Disregarding the color, the fit was also an issue. I felt like too much of the armpit area was showing. RETURNED





DANIEL RAINN Sandro V-Neck Blouse 
Another pinkish, reddish color. I liked it at first sight but when I put it on, it seemed too baggy for me to wear with work pants. I also thought it really did nothing for me as far as shape. RETURNED






RENE C Terah Dress 
I usually like Rene C clothes but this dress was just too blah for me. My stylist also send this one with the thought of the wedding but I just did not think it was what I was looking for. It also fit a little too tight on my chest. RETURNED 




PIXLEY June Polka Dot Skirt
I absolutely love polka dots and I have a  true weakness for anything with them. I was excited to see this skirt in my fix but for some reason I sent it back. It was a tad tight on me but I'm in process of trying to shed a couple pounds and I should have kept it. I'm going to try and ask for them to send it back to me. RETURNED AND REGRET IT :(



ROMOLO Riviera Sun Rays Necklace 
The necklace is different than any statements necklaces I own so I kept it primarily so I don't use the styling fee but it quickly became one of my favorite and most versatile necklaces. KEPT 

Even though I sent back almost the entire fix, I was excited to give the service a try and I'm going to continue getting fixes. Hopefully I will start getting something that is more consistent with my style profile. If you are interested in trying it out for yourself, here is my referral link







No comments:

Post a Comment