Saturday, November 7, 2015

Fix #8

It's time for my 8th Stitch Fix. After sending the entire fix back last time, I was more than ready to get another one. This time I asked for fall clothes, lots of layers and some warm and cozy stuff.

If you have not heard about it, Stitch Fix offers styling service and sends you 5 hand picked clothing items that fits the style profile you created. The styling fee is $20.00 but if you keep anything from your fix, you can apply it toward the price of the item you are keeping. If you keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount.

I was a little sad to see that my stylist Jenelle was not available to style me, but I thought Chelsea did a good job based on what I asked for,

Here is what my little pile of clothes looked at first sight:




The first item I instantly grabbed was this beauty: 


BRIXON IVY Lawley Cable Knit Open Cardigan
I had this sweater pinned in a couple of other colors. I was not excited about yet another grey cardigan in my wardrobe (I have a couple of grey cardigans already) but I love the style and the feel of it and I did not hesitate that this was going to be definitely an item I was keeping. I actually wore it to work the next day. I love how unique the pockets are and I really would not mind getting this cardigan in other colors. I saw it in orange and tan.   KEEPING!








41 HAWTHORN Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse
I think I had this pinned too. At first sight I was really excited about the beautiful green color. I also liked the longer length of the top and fun split sides. However, the tab sleeves were driving me nuts. The length of the sleeves was strange to wear unrolled and when I rolled them up, they kepts coming down. I also thought the neck area was a little restrictive for me. I don't like anything too close to my neck and I felt like it could be an issue for me when I wear it all day.Lastly, I thought the quality was not that great for the price. RETURNING








SKIES ARE BLUE Corby Pullover Sweater
I absolutely love this brand and own a lot of their pieces. I was excited when I got tracking number and saw the brand on the list of items I was getting (Yeah I'm bad and I can't stop myself from peeking at what I'm getting). However, I was just not excited about this pullover. I also feel I have enough stripes already . RETURNING






PIXLEY Lori Pencil Skirt
This is such a cute skirt and I am crazy about stripes but it runs a tad small and I could comfortably zip it in the back. I considered requesting a larger size from Stitch Fix but then I remembered I already have a striped skirt, so I decided against it.  RETURNING






41HAWTHORN Queensland Dolman Jersey Top
It's so hard to get good pictures of this top. It has beautiful plum color. I am pretty sure I marked "no dolmans" in my profile but i'm glad my stylist sent me this.  This is such a great basic top to have in your closet. I'm sure it will get a lot of wear this Fall/Winter season.   KEEPING 



Overall, I thought that my comments were taken into consideration by the stylist and she did a good job picking up some great layer pieces and they all fell into coze/warm/layer category I asked for. I decided to keep 2 items out of 5 they sent me, which is not bad at all. I'm looking forward to my next fix. I'm hoping to get some dresses to wear to work holiday party. 

 If you are interested in trying it out for yourself, here is my referral link


Happy fixing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment